The Sardinia Film Festival in an international film award dedicated to short movies. It was born in 2006 thanks to the Cineclub Sassari with the aim of promoting and enhancing cinema with particular regard to European independent production, favoring the exchange and the comparison between different artistic expressions, encouraging young people to work in the cinema industry. The 2017 edition will be its XII.
It is divided into the following Sections: Fiction (National and International), Italy Showcase, Sardinia Showcase, Documentary (National and International) and Animation.
Since 2006 until today, the SFF has experienced a progressive growth. Every year the Festival receives about 1200 works from all over the world. This gave us the opportunity to create, since 2011, the first short films audiovisual library of Sardinia, on which all the movies that took part in the SFF since its first edition are hosted.
The Sardinia Film Festival has won the praise of:
- UNESCO Italian National Commission;
- Presidency of the Italian Republic;
- Presidency of the Italian Senate;
- Presidency of the Italian Chamber;
- Presidency of the Council of the Italian Ministers;
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation;
- The Ministry of Heritage and Cultural activities and Tourism;
- Expo 2015;
- President of Regione Autonoma della Sardegna;
- Sardegna Film Commission Foundation;
- Banco di Sardegna Foundation;
- University of Sassari;
- Accademia di Belle Arti di Sassari;
- SNGCI (National Union of Italian Film Journalists)